Our blog story may start like others, we dreamed up the idea after talking with a friend and we were unsure of where to begin or how it even worked.
We knew we wanted to start something that we were passionate about and honestly, it was a way for us to do our favorite thing – hang out! My sister is my best friend and this platform has helped us stay close, despite the distance. Sisterlyblondes came from our mom she said a “sisterly bond” can never be broken and is she sure right.
Initial thoughts: The self-doubt crept in… Is our life even that exciting? Will people care what we have to say? What if we’re cringy (which looking back we totally were).
We have spent countless hours taking photos, writing content, brainstorming up new ideas, hosting, collaborating, and even launched a clothing collection.
I would say the game changer for us was the support – from our parents, they are the best humans and have instilled in us that we are truly capable of anything if we put in the work and at least try.
What did we learn through it all?
Here is our advice
- Find your passion and build your niche from there.
- Block out the haters + don’t take things personally.
- Don’t fixate on the number of followers.
- Engage with people especially those who engage with you.
- Ask questions, this helps you get to know your followers more and helps with engagement.
- Be REAL – we’re constantly working on this. For example, I (Lauren) hate stories and talking on video there’s just something about it that makes me so insecure but I try my best haha.
- All you have to do is try – start writing about what you enjoy, take pics, research, fail, then do it all again 🙂