Sorry it’s been a while you know when life gets busy and suddenly a month has flown by and you’re like whattt? That’s been me this past month!
This past weekend Lex came to Austin and we spent the weekend at the Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL) and my heart was so happy!
For those who don’t know it is basically, a mini Coachella- Zilker Park gets transformed into a huge music venue with 8 stages for different musicians to perform throughout the day. From Indie to rap artists come from all over to perform in front of 450,000 plus people over the course of two weekends. Wild right?
I have been the past 3 years but it was Lexi’s first time – I noticed when looking for outfits I really couldn’t find any inspiration so I search through Instagram photos & looked at random posts (does anyone else do this? lol) Anyways, I thought doing a blog over this would help some of you who weren’t sure which direction to go! You see anything from a t-shirt and tennis shoes to swimsuits with mesh over them – It’s Austin so really anything goes! Keep it weird, right?
So keep reading and you’ll find outfit inspo, tips, and what to expect when going to ACL or any type of music festival coming up!
Day 1. Headliner: Khalid (you should’ve seen the debate we had over how to pronounce his name). Ka-lid / Ka-leed, which is it?
Outfit: Tie a bandana around your neck or a flannel around your waist and wear all the jewelry you want!
Shop these looks
Day 2. Headliner: My boy Nelly / Camila Cabello
Outfit: Funky sunglasses are a must and mesh is a hit! Put a cute bralette under it and you’re set.
Shop the looks
Day 3. Headliner: Travis Scott / X Ambassadors / Arctic Monkeys
Guess how much this watermelon was? You don’t want to know…
Outfit: Give me all the crop tops & your old high top converse!
The joke was on me wearing a t-shirt about day drinking… I got asked if she was even old enough to drink I had to convince them I was actually 23 years old. :’) I’m told one day I’ll like looking young for my age haha.
Shop the looks
- Uber – God bless Uber! I give ACL props they really have this whole thing down. They have drop off points for rideshare and Uber but be prepared to walk A LOT.
- With that being said, wear comfy shoes- NO sandals your feet will get stepped on, especially if you want to get close to the stage you have to fight your way through the crowds of people.
- Get there earlier than later – Avoid the hours of 3-5pm this is when a majority of people show up so you wait in security lines, food lines, and worst of all bathroom lines.
- Hydrate- Drink water, water, and more water! Before the concert or you can bring an empty water bottle / Camelbak and they have free hydration stations everywhere.
- Pregame- For my over 21 folks I would consider catching your buzz before the concert because you won’t pay less than $9 for a beer or $29 for a small “bottle” of wine.
- Sunscreen- We have crisp shoulders and horrid tan lines to prove this one- the sun is brutal, even if it’s cloudy put sunscreen on.
- Bring a poncho or embrace the rain – luckily the storm passed quickly and hauling a poncho around isn’t ideal but definitely keep an eye on the weather and bring one if it looks like a storm may hit.
That’s all for now! If these tips helped you or you went to a music fest – tag us in your photos we’d love to see them!
Lex & Lo
Trackback: ugg boots on October 10, 2018